Monday, August 11, 2008

Clothes Downstairs

So appreciative of feedback/comments. A writer on the last post asked if it isn't possible to bring the clothes downstairs, especially since that's where the bathroom is. Her child's on the spectrum. So is my son. All I'd say about that is that normally, we all get dressed in our bedrooms. Really important, I think, to try to reinforce that for all kids. It can be a process that evolves over time, but I think we need to teach our kids what "normal" habits look and feel like. So for that reason and others, I'd try to get my child to dress in his room, brush his teeth and wash his face in the bathroom, and come downstairs. If the only available bathroom is on a floor other than where the bedroom is, that's another story. But if they're on the same floor, then tackle all those tasks where they should be tackled, then settle in for breakfast.

No comments: